The student news site of Collierville High School

The Dragon Spirit

Filed under Humor, Student Life

High School Bucket-list

©Greg Vote

©Greg Vote

Things that every high schooler should do before they graduate.

1) Stay up all night and learn how your body reacts to no sleep.
2) Go to the prom; It’s a once in a lifetime opportunity. If nothing else, go just to say you were there. Who knows, you might actually have a blast!
3) Sleep in a car; It’s not exactly luxurious, but it’s a novelty and sort of exciting to wake up like you’re a nomad in a non-bedroom, non-bed environment.
4) Go on a road trip; Hit the road with your best friends and enjoy the journey as the big, wide world flies past your car window.
5) Go to a midnight movie premiere; There’s nothing like squeezing into a jam-packed theater to immerse yourself in the complete awesomeness of that movie you’ve been dying to see.
6) Get your driver’s license; Getting your license will push you toward that independence and self-sufficiency you’re yearning for. Also, it’s much more convenient to learn and practice driving when you’re at home rather than at college.
7) Learn to cook, clean, and do laundry; Once you head to college or get a place of your own, these household chores will become survival skills you need for living away from home.
8) Take a college tour; Preview your next stage of education; you’ll have a better idea of what you’re getting into. Also, the personal feel of a college is a significant factor that could affect your choice.
9) Fall asleep in class; You’ve never really lived until you’ve committed the crime of a quick slumber at your desk.
10) Register to vote; Take advantage of your opportunity to vote in the election that will change the future of the U.S.
11) Write a letter to your best friend; Who knows, this might be last time you see him/her after high school.