The student news site of Collierville High School

The Dragon Spirit

Changing Seasons

McKenzie Barr, Staff Writer

There is a change happening all around the United States. The air is becoming crisp and windy. Our surroundings are changing colors. You know what that means. Fall is near, and with that comes new fashion. Technically, we are still in the summer season filled with tank-tops, short shorts, and flip-flops. Now that fall is on its way the fashion is going to change. In fall there are many aspects to fashion. Some are very complicated to talk about and others are very simple to explain. Fall is my favorite fashion season, and it is very hard for me to pick out my fall favorites. I have found that there are five things that I absolutely adore about fall fashion. Here are my five favorite things about fall fashion.

5~ Fabrics
I am always excited for when fall fabrics come around. To me that means hayrides, bonfires, festive holidays, or just sitting by the fire with a good book. My personal favorite fabrics are denim, and cashmere. Flannel and denim look adorable together and I love the way the soft flannel feels against my skin on a crisp autumn morning. Cashmere also feels so incredibly soft and warm on a chilled autumn day. It is always a fun experiment with fabrics with the new fall season.

4~ Colors
What makes fall fashion so different from the other seasonal fashion trends is its vibrant and rich colors. The autumn season brings on a variety of different types of colors and patterns to match your seasonal style. The fall 2017 color pallet, published by Pantone, is:Grenadine, Tawny Port, Ballet Slipper, Butterum, Navy Peony, Neutral Gray, Shaded Spruce, Golden Lime, Marina, Autumn Maple. My personal favorite is Tawny Port. Tawny Port is a gorgeous dark maroon that looks stunning with a denim jean jacket and a pair of boots. Trying on a variety of different styles with the unique colors of fall is always a fun twist.

3~ Accessories
The cool autumn temperatures bring on a tremendous need for warm accessories. Everyone loves to be able to bundle up in warm gloves, scarves, hats, and so much more. In my opinion scarves are the most amazing piece of fall fashion. Scarves can make your outfits cool and casual or trendy and festive. With scarves you can do whatever you want with them to make them look flattering and comfortable on you. Fall accessories are super trendy and very, very comfortable.

2~ Shoes
Along with accessories, the cool fall temperature brings on amazing shoes. Autumn produces several types of footwear with the fall staple being the boot. There are many options when it comes to boots such as wedges, flats, knee-high, ankle-boots, and the list goes on and on. You can throw on a cute pair of boots to make any fall outfit and it will look absolutely to die for. A cute pair of boots makes fall fashion so much better.

1~ Clothes
The most important aspect of fall fashion is obviously the clothing options. Fall clothes are completely different than the other fashion seasons. In fall you can layer outfits with Cardigans, sweaters, vests, jackets, and sweatshirts, unlike the spring and summer fashion seasons. My favorite piece of fall clothing is a fancy long-sleeved top. Long-sleeved tops are warm and comfortable and look amazing with a pair of jeans. The fall clothes make any cool day so much better.

Fall is such a beautiful season. Its cool and crisp and the color is starting to change. Fall to me means sitting by the fire reading a book or going to my family’s farm with my best friend. The fall fashion is amazing and I cannot wait for fall to arrive.