The student news site of Collierville High School

The Dragon Spirit

Thinking about joining the Dragon Spirit news?

Cameron Williams, Staff Writer

If you were thinking about joining the CHS dragon news, there are some things you should expect. One thing about the school newspaper is that if you enjoy writing things, then this class is for you. Speaking of class, that’s what this is. Journalism is actually a class, most people think the school newspaper is a club. In the class, we have three different things we write for, and we have two groups on schedules for two of these three times. One of the things we write for is the School newspaper website which is what this is currently on. Another thing we write for is our blogs, these were a new addition to the class added by Mr. Moore. At the beginning of the year we set up our blogs and you get to choose a topic that best fits the things you enjoy. The third we write for is our actual print editions that each student must write two articles for. We sell each copy of our print edition for $1 each. When it comes to the groups though, we have the A group and the B group. Each is led by one of the editors, the editors will be in charge of that group’s “idea day”. This is when that particular group will meet up in class while the other group works on their blogs. The editor position in the school newspaper is selected by the last editors before they graduate. So if you actually are looking to join the school newspaper, you now have all the information you could want to contemplate the decision.